I was tempted to make a New Year’s resolution again this year, but I’m not going to. History has shown that shown me that resolutions usually are not all that successful anyway, so what’s the point? I think the more important aspect of this tradition is a desire to create a better life each year, to grow personally, professionally, spiritually. I don’t care if all of these things don’t happen during 2015, but here’s what’s on my radar to learn or to do better in the relatively near-term future, in no particular order:
- Grow, preserve and swap more of the food we eat.
- Grow my group coaching practice to help empower more people to learn online marketing skills.
- Do more co-creating with one on one clients. I enjoy win/win financial scenarios like those I was able to create with Randy Jamrok and his book “Permaculture Solutions to Climate Change” and Charlotte Wolfe with her Prairie Winds Nature Farm Summer Camp.
- Indiana Master Naturalist
I have really enjoyed hiking at the Indiana Dunes with John and our dogs over the past few years. I take pictures of many plants I see, but most of the time don’t know what they are. I’d like to learn more about what I’m seeing.
- Permaculture Design Certification
We moved into a new house last summer, a little too late to do much with our vegetable garden. Now that we’re settled in, I want to focus on creating more edible landscaping with perennial vegetables.
- Access Bars
I took an intro course on this in December and was surprised at how fast and effective it was to relax the recipient. I enjoyed giving and getting treatments and want to learn more.